The problem of child abuse is not insurmountable. Every day we see children who have lived through terrible abuse or who have witnessed terrifying violence, reclaim their childhood. We rely on the generosity of individuals, organizations and corporations to provide our critical services -- at no charge to children and families in need.
Because of our supporters, we are able to help child abuse victims heal, and help law enforcement take dangerous child predators off of our streets!
Featuring Scott Cross, who broke his four-decade silence to courageously testify that former U.S. House Speaker Dennis Hastert molested him.
Our founder/board chair Will County State's Attorney James Glasgow invites you to a special evening with emcee Scott Slocum, honoring those who have gone above and beyond for children who have endured physical and sexual abuse, sexual exploitation, child pornography, neglect, and exposure to violence.
- ED CZERKIES (POSTHUMOUSLY)
- CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY - Scott Paddock, President/CEO
- JOHN BAYS, Owner & President, Bays Investment Corporation
Glen Marcum Selfless Dedication to Community Service Award
- LARRY WALSH- Will County Executive
MDT Lifetime Achievement Awards
- DET. SHAWN FILIPIAK - Joliet Police Department
- ROSA FRIAS - Illinois Department of Children & Family Services
- MARY FILLIPITCH - Will County State's Attorney's Office
Men Who Cook Heroes - Cooks, Sponsors, Planning Committee Members, & Volunteers
Heroic Volunteerism Award
- ALAN & NANCY NOWACKI - Nowacki Insurance
Heroic Service Awards
- PLAINFIELD JUNIOR WOMAN’S CLUB- Kristen Robertson, President
- JOLIET TOWNSHIP HIGH SCHOOL - Dr. Mike Hanson, Joliet Central H.S. Key Club, and Joliet West H.S. Students of Service Club
Heroic Philanthropy Awards
- CITGO LEMONT REFINERY- Dennis Willig, Plant Manager
- ANIMAL CARE CENTER OF SHOREWOOD - Dr. Tony Kremer & Dr. Robert Buchanan
Heroic Action Awards
- MAYOR JIM HOLLAND - Village of Frankfort
- LAURIE SUMMERS- Will County Board, Dist. 1
September 7 2019 · 6-9 PM · Chicagoland Speedway
A fun and casual tasting event featuring 50+ local men serving up bite-sized samples of their favorite dishes for public judging to support the Will County Children's Advocacy Center's programs providing hope, healing and justice for abused children.