Featuring Scott Cross, who broke his four-decade silence to courageously testify that former U.S. House Speaker Dennis Hastert molested him.
Will County State's Attorney James Glasgow, founder and board chair of the Will County Children's Advocacy Center, held a special evening with emcee Scott Slocum of WJOL - 1340 AM Radio, honoring those who have gone above and beyond for children who have endured physical and sexual abuse, sexual exploitation, child pornography, neglect, and exposure to violence.
5:30 PM: Cocktails (Cash Bar)
6:00 PM: Dinner & Program
STERK FAMILY LAW GROUP - Dinner Sponsor
Featured speaker: Scott J. Cross
...who broke his four-decade silence to courageously testify that former U.S. House Speaker Dennis Hastert molested him in a high school locker room when he was a teenager.
He spoke about his experience as a survivor, and the importance of supporting the work of the Will County Children's Advocacy Center.
- ED CZERKIES (POSTHUMOUSLY)
- CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY - Scott Paddock, President/CEO
- JOHN BAYS, Owner & President, Bays Investment Corporation
Glen Marcum Selfless Dedication to Community Service Award
- LARRY WALSH- Will County Executive
MDT Lifetime Achievement Awards
- DET. SHAWN FILIPIAK - Joliet Police Department
- ROSA FRIAS - Illinois Department of Children & Family Services
- MARY FILLIPITCH - Will County State's Attorney's Office
Men Who Cook Heroes
Cooks, Sponsors, Planning Committee Members, & Volunteers
Heroic Volunteerism Award
- ALAN & NANCY NOWACKI - Nowacki Insurance
Heroic Service Awards
- PLAINFIELD JUNIOR WOMAN’S CLUB- Kristen Robertson, President
- JOLIET TOWNSHIP HIGH SCHOOL - Dr. Mike Hanson, Joliet Central H.S. Key Club, and Joliet West H.S. Students of Service Club
Heroic Philanthropy Awards
- CITGO LEMONT REFINERY- Dennis Willig, Vice President and General Manager
- ANIMAL CARE CENTER OF SHOREWOOD - Dr. Tony Kremer & Dr. Robert Buchanan
Heroic Action Awards
- MAYOR JIM HOLLAND - Village of Frankfort
- LAURIE SUMMERS- Will County Board, Dist. 1