Be part of a dynamic culture of professionals who provide hope, healing and justice for abused children.
Thank you for your interest in becoming a part of the Will County Children's Advocacy Center's team. Please email a resume and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the position title in the subject line. NO PHONE CALLS.
BI-LINGUAL (ENGLISH - SPANISH) MENTAL HEALTH COUNSELOR (Contractual)
Job Summary: To help child victims of sexual abuse, severe physical abuse, or other trauma, and non-offending family members cope with behavioral and emotional problems associated with their trauma by providing evidence-supported, trauma-informed individual, group and family therapy.
- Develop and deliver clinical services to child victims and non-offending family members.
- Observe client to detect indications of abnormal behavior.
- Conduct intake assessments with child and family.
- Develop individualized intervention plans for each family.
- Participate at case reviews or provide clinical updates monthly.
- Establish and maintain clear and concise client files.
- Attend and successfully complete all mandatory trainings, workshops, and conferences, as assigned.
- Maintain license. Arrange for individual supervision as needed to maintain licensure.
- Follow code of ethics of professional organization of specific discipline.
- Present one Will County Children’s Advocacy Center training per year.
Education and Experience:
Master’s degree with a clinical license in psychology, social work, related field required. Experience working with child abuse victims and/or bilingual skills strongly preferred.
Knowledge, Skill & Abilities:
- Knowledge of child development, diagnoses, impact of sexual abuse and physical abuse on children, PTSD, and trauma.
- Expertise in short-term child/family therapy and interventions for children with serious behavior and emotional problems.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality as necessary to maintain agency policy and HIPPA regulations.
- Sensitive to and respective of cultural differences.
Successful clearance of child abuse and police background checks.